Hello! Welcome to my virtual abode. I am Ferdous, a Pauling postdoc fellow at Pacific Northwest National Lab. Prior to that I was a Post-doctoral associate in Computer Science at Purdue University working with Prof. Alex Pothen. I completed my PhD in October 2021. Before starting PhD at Purdue, I completed my Bachelor and Masters in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). I also served as a faculty member at Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST). I spent three summers as a PhD intern at Pacific Northwest National Lab and Nokia Bell Labs, NJ.
My research interest includes Combinatorial Optimization, Combinatorial Scientific Computing, High-Performance Computing, and Applied algorithms.
- Oct 2023 Starting as Data Scientist 2 at PNNL.
- Sep 2023 Paper accepted at SC-IA^3 workshop
- Feb 2023 Paper accepted at PDP2023 (acceptance rate 33%)
- Jun 27, 2022 I have started a new post doctoral position. This time as Linus Pauling Postdoctoral fellow at PNNL. My mentor and manager there is Dr. Mahantesh Halappanavar
- Jan 05, 2022 I have joined as a post docatoral research associate in Purdue University. My post doc advisor is Prof. Alex Pothen.
- Oct 14, 2021 I have defended my thesis.
- Oct 2021 New Journal paper. See details here
- July 2021 My advisor Prof. Alex Pothen along with Assefaw Gebremehin, Fredrik Manne receive the prestigious George Polya prize in Applied Combinatorics for 2021. Here is a story from Purdue News.
- May 2021 New Paper on submodular b-matching accepted at SIAM ACDA 2021. See details here